Employment & Careers
Showing Job Postings: 1 of 1
For: The Performing Arts Theatre of Hinton (Located at the West Fraser Guild)
Salary: $21-$23/hour depending on experience
Hours: 15+ hours weekly - Hours will fluctuate
The PATH - The Performing Arts Theatre of Hinton (Operated by Home for Fine Arts Society of Hinton) is a new performing arts space located at the West Fraser Guild. The facility is a single auditorium stage with retractable seating to cater to its versatile user-groups.
The PATH is looking for an Office Administrator with a flexible schedule to complete various bookkeeping duties and assist the Facility Manager in operating and supervising our new theatre to better service the Hinton arts community.
- Assist with the financial operations of the theatre complex including; labour cost, cost of sales, revenue control, promotions, event programming, equipment procurement, user-group billings/invoicing, and other facets of the operating budget.
- Maintain control over actual expenditures and developing budget summaries
- Become trained to administer and/or facilitate the operation of all pertinent systems (Point-of-sale systems, etc.).
- Keep abreast of industry and facility-related information to ensure up-to-date operation of theatre.
- Complete various administrative duties including bookings, registrations, and assisting user-groups and/or artists to complete various applications.
- Supervise the facility during user-group bookings or events.
- Ensure all user-groups are made aware of general emergency procedures and follow safe work practices.
- Update PATH website and social media platforms to market upcoming performances/events.
- Complete various other duties as required by the Facility Manager and ASH Board.
- 2+ years bookkeeping experience including; account payables, account receivables, invoicing, and providing receipts.
- Experience with Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) or related software(s).
- Commitment to excellence in customer service with proven ability to maintain significant attention to detail.
- Strong sense for creative processes, and ability to anticipate and support the needs of theatrical artists and producers.
- Ability to evaluate and manage priorities and adapt quickly to a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Superior English communication skills (verbal, written, and proofreading) are essential to this position.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or writing grant applications considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate daytime, evening, and weekend rentals.
- Experience in Marketing, Graphic design, and Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- First Aid and CPR - C certification will be required or will need to be completed within the first 90 days of employment at own cost.
- Criminal Record Check required at own cost.
Job posting closing date: May 13, 2018
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note that only online submissions will be considered for review.
The PATH would like to thank all applicants in advance for considering employment with our facility, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note that The PATH does not hire or advertise positions for Hinton Movies.
For information about working for Hinton Movies, please contact Ann Stewart (Cinema Manager) or visit their website at www.hintonmovies.ca